The year's Healthcare Leadership Innovation Summit theme focused on entrepreneurism in healthcare as we sought to reach various specialties and stakeholders within the healthcare industry. There were 3 days of insightful programming and exclusive networking. There was a diverse range of presentations that highlighted various hot topics and trends in the healthcare industry. Our Platinum Sponsor, GBS Corp., kicked off the Summit and set the stage with Eugene Calabria as the Keynote Speaker discussing “Embracing the Value of Entrepreneurship in Healthcare.” This was followed by Dr. Scott Ackerman who spoke about maintaining a successful, independent practice highlighting the success of the Ackerman Cancer Center.
Our Silver Sponsor, Oswald Companies, discussed “What Employers Are Looking For” from the healthcare industry and introduced the Performance Health Incentive Network we are building throughout Ohio to directly tie providers with employers. This presentation nicely tied together Summit presenters and espoused collaboration with various stakeholders in the healthcare community such as wellness initiatives, cancer prevention and early detection, and chronic care management.
Our Summit also focused on many panel discussions highlighting the following:
- Hot trends in long-term care (interior design hot trends, risk management and emergency preparedness, using predictive modeling, and planning for long-term care)
- Opportunities in micro-hospitals (specialized and concierge care as well as highlighting unique partnerships)
- Utilizing evidence-based protocols to leverage risk (both from the employer and managed care standpoint)
- Wellness in healthcare environments (WELL building standards and wellness initiatives)
- Collaboration in healthcare design and construction (discussing the integrated project delivery model)
Finally, we had many presenters highlight various entrepreneurial opportunities they have personally developed:
- New solutions for healthcare disinfection
- Software for office efficiency to improve productivity
- Proactive strategies for healthcare compliance and using risk-based software
- New solutions for healthcare financing and investment
If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Healthcare Team.