Florida Coastal School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.), magna cum laude
Drew University, B.A., Political Science and History
Alessandro’s bankruptcy and workout experience includes representing debtors, creditors, trustees and assignees in bankruptcy proceedings and assignment for the benefit of creditors. Additionally, he has counseled financially troubled companies and high-net-worth individuals outside of bankruptcy proceedings on their restructuring alternatives, including but not limited to assignments for the benefit of creditors. He has also litigated disputes in bankruptcy, including fraudulent conveyances, preferences, objections to exemptions, and acted as special litigation counsel for a bankruptcy trustee.
Before attending law school, Alessandro worked as a legislative research specialist and legal publications editor in New York City.
While in law school, Alessandro excelled academically. He graduated number seven in his class and received two Book Awards in Lawyering Process I & II. Additionally, he served as the Submissions Manager for the Law Review and was an active member on the Moot Court Honor Board, competing in the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition (Regional Finalist, 2009 & 2010). Alessandro also earned a Pro Bono Honors Award for contributing over 125 hours of pro bono work during law school. During his third year in law school, Alessandro interned for the Honorable Timothy J. Corrigan, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Florida Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida Middle District Bankruptcy Court
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Asian American Bar Association
- Atwater v. Hirshauer (In re Hirshauer), No. 3:10-cv-198-TJC, 2011 WL 1135100 (M.D. Fla. March 28, 2011)
Professional Honors & Awards
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Jacksonville, Florida
- Florida Coastal Law Review
- Florida Coastal Moot Court
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity (Associate, 2011-2012)(Pupil, 2009 – 2010)