Stetson University College of Law, JD, cum laude
Stetson University, BA, cum laude
Amanda is responsible for devising litigation strategy and preparing complaints, discovery requests, all motions, responses and memoranda opposing motions, correspondence with opposing counsel and correspondence with the Court. She argues motions before the court, conducts and defends clients in depositions and represents clients in mediation and settlement negotiations.
In 2018, Amanda was appointed by the Twentieth Judicial Circuit Court to serve as a Civil Traffic Infraction Hearing Officer presiding as a hearing officer on the bench. As the appointed traffic court judge, she issues rulings on more than 100 civil traffic cases each week, maintains order in the courtroom, accepts guilty or nolo contendere pleas, as appropriate, conducts and presides over trials when either a pro se defendant, or counsel on the defendant’s behalf, enters a not-guilty plea as well as reviews motions and issues orders.
From 2006 to 2017, Amanda served as a federal law clerk at the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida. Her primary responsibility included case management of over 100 federal cases filed annually from the filing of the Complaint to final disposition at settlement or trial. She has significant experience having drafted thousands of dispositive orders for District Judges and non-dispositive orders for Magistrate Judges and has recommended and established new standing orders. Her responsibilities also included attending and advising judges during hearings and trial. She has thorough knowledge of all applicable rules of procedure - assisting judges with settlement negotiations and has knowledge of CM/ECF procedures and standing orders. Amanda also served as the representative on tne Staff Attorney Standing Committee.
Amanda was also a Certified County Court Mediator, Gulfport, Florida (August 2005-December 2005), certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a county court mediator.
She is a lifelong resident of Southwest Florida.
Courts & Bar Associations
Florida Bar Association
United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, North District of Ohio
Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association
Lee County Bar Association
Collier County Women’s Bar Association
Professional Honors & Awards
Past President and Founding Member, Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association
- Developed and implemented the annual Summer Associate and Summer Intern Program
Book Award, International Law
Stetson University’s Durkheim Award for writing best thesis on family law matter
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association, Fort Myers, Florida
- President, October 2016-October 2017
- President Elect, January 2015-September 2016
- Founding Member
- Florida Bar, Federal Court Practice Committee (July 2015 - Present)
- The Collier County Medical Alliance
Presentations & Publications
- The Art of the Southwest Florida Lawyer CLE - Tips from the Pros, Naples, Florida (April 4, 2019)
- Federal Court Practice 101, Fort Myers, Florida (June 1, 2018)
- E-Discovery Decoded: A practice Workshop Series for Legal Professionals, Estero, Florida (August 22, 2017)
- Ethics of E-Discovery Competency, Ft. Myers, Florida (June 14, 2017)
- Tips and Tricks with the Hon. Sheri Polster Chappell, Fort Myers, Florida (April 24, 2017)
- One Year Later: Impacts of the 2015 Amendments to the Fed. R. Civ. P. and Ethics, Bonita Springs, Florida (February 2, 2017)
- Federal Judicial Roundtable Discussion, Fort Myers, Florida (October 26, 2017)
- “Section 1983 and Habeas Corpus Overview,” United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Fort Myers Division (2007-2017)
- Federal Practice Panel, Lee County Bar Association, Litigation Section Meeting (January 2016)
- “Expanding Your Practice to Federal Court,” Res Gestae Magazine (October 2014)