C.J. has leveraged his multi-faceted government and public law experience to assist clients' interests in front of various state, county, municipal, township and village councils, trustees, boards and commissions. Some of those representative Government and Public Law matters include:
- Representation of the Ohio Development Services Agency in preparing Chapter 166 Direct Loans;
- Negotiation and drafting of real estate leases for the relocation of two Summit County departments on behalf of the developer;
- Negotiation and analysis of documents related to the City of Akron Sewer Project for a private school and other related property owners;
- Drafting several legal opinions at the request of area law directors related to municipal and other public law issues;
- Representation of various property owners regarding their complaints or counter complaints against the valuation of real property in several Ohio counties; and
- Representation of two non-profit hospital systems regarding their real property tax exemption and remission applications.
C.J. serves as both outside counsel and in-house counsel for two Ohio hospital systems with multiple locations throughout the State of Ohio, and one of the world's largest polymer manufacturers with offices and plants located in several states.
While in law school, C.J. served as assistant editor of the Constitutional Law Journal, director of the Inmate Assistance Program and captain of his moot court team.
He also contributed over 160 hours to Community Legal Aid of Akron’s Pro Bono Bankruptcy Project, and participated in the Wills for Heroes program in Summit County.
- Co-Founder and Secretary of Green Professionals Association, a non-profit organization
Courts and Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
Presentations & Publications
- Real Estate Transactions: Avoiding the Top Mistakes, Presentation for the National Business Institute (May 30, 2018)