The University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
Miami University, Bachelor of Music, summa cum laude
With over a decade of experience in healthcare, Jeana works with her clients in all aspects of their business - from navigating regulatory updates, to the growth of consumer driven health practices, and the rapid advancement in technology-based medicine, including telemedicine, orthopedic implants, and other medical technologies advancements. Staying relevant in a transforming industry is key to sustainability and the value that Jeana offers.
A sought after speaker, Jeana regularly presents on subject matter related to clinical transformation, operational integration, regulatory issues and guidelines, revenue cycles and other related subjects that are redefining healthcare and how it is managed.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar (2005)
- Michigan Bar (2014)
- Northern District of Ohio (2005)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron Bar Foundation – Fellow since 2012
Professional Honors & Awards
- ATHENA Akron Award 2018, Akron Women Leaders New to their Position
- 2016 “Woman of Professional Excellence” Award Recipient, Women’s Network of Northeast Ohio
- 2013-2014 Leadership Akron
- 2013-2014 Greater Akron Chamber Relocation Guide (cover story)
- 2013 “Attorney of the Year” Award Recipient, Brennan Manna & Diamond
- 2011 “30 for the Future” Award Recipient, Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce
- 2011 “President’s Award” Recipient, Junior League of Akron
- NEOtropolis, appeared as regional PBS television legal analyst (August 2010 and March 2011)
- Past Director of the Summer Assoc. Program for Brennan, Manna & Diamond, LLC
- 2009 Rising Star in the Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
- June 2009 issue of Inside Business magazine - one of 15 attorneys under age of 40 who are making a difference in their communities
- 2009 Nurse Practitioner Advocate of the year Award (awarded by the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses)
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Greater Akron Musical Association, Executive Vice President (2014-present)
- American Heart Association, "Go Red for Women" campaign (Akron area), Executive Leadership Team (2014-present)
- Junior League of Akron, Sustaining Member (2014-present)
- Nominating and Placement Council (2013-2014)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Foundation, Board of Trustees (2012)
- Fundraising and Development Committee (2012)
- Miss Ohio Scholarship Pageant, Local competition judge (2009, 2011)
- 2003 State Competitor
- 2004 State Top Ten Semi-Finalist
Presentations & Publications
- "Blockchain in Healthcare", Upper Midwest Telehealth Resource Center Annual Conference, South Bend, Indiana (July 2019)
- Advanced Directives for Psychiatric Patients, presented at Diocese of Cleveland Catholic Charities Staff Development Conference in Cleveland, Ohio (October 21, 2016).
- 2016 APRN Law Update, presented at the Akron General Medical Center APRN Symposium in Akron, Ohio (September 23, 2016); Akron Children’s Hospital APRN/PA Pediatric Pharmacology Conference (September 23, 2016).
- CRNA Health Law 101, presented at the University of Akron CRNA Program (July 21, 2016).
- APRN Legal and Legislative Update 2016, presented at Ohio Hospital Association Annual Conference in Columbus, Ohio (June 13, 2016).
- Navigating APRN Legal Pitfalls, presented at Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio (June 13, 2016 and May 23, 2016).
- APRN Health Law 101, presented at Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio (April 18, 2016; March 21, 2016; and March 14, 2016); Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio (February 11, 2016); Kent State University Advanced Practice Nurse Program in Kent, Ohio (February 3, 2016).
- Hot Topics in Ophthalmology, presented at Leading Eye Care Executive Forum (LEEF) Spring Meeting in Las Vegas, NV (March 9, 2016).
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, oh my! How to ensure HIPAA compliance in an era of rapidly developing social media, presented at Ohio Association of Community Health Centers Annual Conference in Columbus, Ohio (March 2, 2016).
- Avoiding Legal Pitfalls for Ohio Nurses, presented at Cleveland Clinic’s Ambulatory Nursing Conference in Beachwood, Ohio (February 26, 2016).
- APRN/PA Legislation – Find Out What This Means for Your Practice and Providers Alike, webinar for the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers (November 24, 2015).
- Having It All: Leaning In and Creating a Work-Life Balance, presented at American Conference Institute’s Women Leaders in Healthcare Law Conference in Washington, D.C. (September 28, 2015).
- 2015 Ohio APRN Law Update, presented at Akron Children’s Hospital APRN/PA Pediatric Pharmacology Conference in Akron, Ohio (September 25, 2015).
- Physician Employment Contracts 101, presented at Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatric Residency Program in Akron, Ohio (July 22, 2016); Akron Children’s Hospital Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program in Akron, Ohio (October 13, 2015); St. Thomas Hospital Psychiatric Residency Program in Akron, Ohio (September 15, 2015); Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatric Residency Program in Akron, Ohio (July 23, 2015); Forum Health Northside Hospital Dental Residency Program in Youngstown, Ohio (April 9, 2015).
- Navigating APRN Legal Pitfalls, presented at Ursuline College Advanced Practice Nurse Program in Westerville, Ohio (June 1, 2015).
- APRN Employment Contracts and Legal Strategies 101, presented at Ursuline College Advanced Practice Nurse Program in Pepper Pike, Ohio (April 27, 2015); Otterbein University Advanced Practice Nurse Program in Westerville, Ohio (April 16, 2015); Kent State University Advanced Practice Nurse Program in Kent, Ohio (January 28, 2015).
- Legal Considerations for Nurse Practitioners in Free Clinics, presented at the Ohio Association of Free Clinics Annual Conference in Columbus, Ohio (October 14, 2014).
- Medical Records 101, presented at Lake Health in Painesville, Ohio (March 28, 2012).
- Dollars and Sense: Top Business and Legal Strategies for Orthopedics, presented at American Association of Orthopaedic Executives Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. (June 1, 2014).
- The Legal Pitfalls of Social Media, presented at Cleveland Clinic Perioperative Nurse Conference (April 5, 2014), Cleveland Clinic Ambulatory Nursing Conference (March 1, 2014), Cleveland Clinic Medical-Surgical Nurse Education Symposium (October 3, 2013), Fairview Hospital (April 12, 2013 and June 3, 2012), the Annual Conference for the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers in Columbus, Ohio (March 6, 2013), and Northeast Ohio Nurse Initiative (NEONI) in Cleveland, Ohio (June 14, 2012).
- Payor Audits and Reimbursement Appeals, presented at Northeast Ohio Chiropractic Association in Stow, Ohio (April 18, 2013).
- Revenue Enhancement through Secondary Income Strategies, presented at the Post- Graduate Seminar Conference for the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia (May 4, 2012).
- The Light at the End of the Tunnel: Employment and Recruitment Contracts for Residents and Follows, presented at the Post-Graduate Seminar Conference for the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia (May 4, 2012).
- Emerging Business-Legal Strategies in Healthcare, presented at the Spring Conference for the Michigan Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) in Mount Pleasant, Michigan (March 22, 2012).
- Medical Records in Ohio, presented for Lorman Educational Services (April 9, 2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio; March 15, 2013 in Independence, Ohio; February 1, 2013 in Akron, Ohio; August 16, 2012 in Columbus, Ohio; March 15, 2012 in Independence, Ohio; February 2, 2012 in Akron, Ohio).
- Practice Management Seminar, presented for Centers for Osteopathic Research and Education (CORE) in Dayton, Ohio (March 9, 2012).
- Health Care Law & You: Regulatory Mazes, Employment Dilemmas, and Today’s Business Strategies, presented at Kent State University Advanced Practice Nurse Program (June 24, 2014), Akron General Internal Medicine Program in Akron, Ohio (May 21, 2014), MetroHealth Medical Center Pediatric Residency Program in Cleveland, Ohio (April 30, 2013), DonJoy Journal Club for Orthopedic Residents in Grandview Heights, Ohio (April 23, 2013), Geriatric Advanced Practice Nurses Association in Columbus, Ohio (April 20, 2013), Ohio State University Medical Center Orthopedic Residency Program in Columbus, Ohio (March 27, 2013), Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatric Residency Program in Akron, Ohio (March 13, 2013), University Hospital/Rainbow Babies Dental Residency Program in Cleveland, Ohio (March 4, 2013), Kent State University Nurse Practitioner class (February 13, 2013), Northside Hospital Dental Residency Program in Youngstown, Ohio (February 12, 2013), Kent State University APRN class (June 19, 2012), OAAPN Cleveland Regional Meeting at South Pointe Hospital (May 12, 2012), St. Joseph Medical Center Orthopedic Residency Program in Warren, Ohio (February 24, 2012), Northside Medical Center General Surgery Residency Program in Youngstown, Ohio (February 16, 2012), St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program in Youngstown, Ohio (January 26, 2012), Mercy Medical Center Dental Residency Program in Canton, Ohio (January 6, 2012), Forum Health Dental Residency Program in Youngstown, Ohio (June 8, 2011), Kent State University Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program at Summa Health System (April 20, 2011), University of Akron Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program (April 14, 2011), Palm Beach Centre for Graduate Medical Education in West Palm Beach, Florida (March 23, 2011), St. Elizabeth Health Center in Youngstown, Ohio (March 22, 2011).
- Independent Practice and Hospital Employment: Risks, Rewards, and Alignment Strategies, presented for Lake County/Geauga County Medical Societies (June 20, 2012). • Healthcare Law and Business-Legal Strategies for Nurse Practitioners 101, presented in Louisville, KY (February 11, 2012).
- NP Reimbursement Update: Strategies, Successes, and Developments, presented at the Annual Conference for the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Multi-State Reimbursement Alliance (November 18, 2011).
- Maintaining an Independent Orthopedic Surgery Practice, presented at the Annual Conference for the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics in Chicago, IL (October 22, 2011).
- Harned, Sandrock, and Singleton. The Impact of Health Care Reform on Employers. Aspatore Publishers (2011).
- Feuer and Singleton. The Law Enforcement Exception to the Health Information Privacy and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Roll Call (Newsletter for the Florida Police Benevolent Association) (June 2011).
- Restructure, Reorganize, Reform: What every business owner needs to know about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, presented at Akron Bar Association (July 30, 2010), Lake County Medical Society (May 26, 2010), Bonita Springs, FL Chamber of Commerce (May 21, 2010).
- Credentialing and Sustainability in the Primary Care Setting, presented at the Annual Conference for the National Nursing Centers Consortium in Philadelphia, PA (November 6, 2009).