Miller’s career began in-house with a publicly-traded, specialty chemical company, executing its employment law and corporate acquisition strategies. He continues to represent businesses of all sizes with a primary focus on Employment Law, including workplace training, employment contracts, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA),defending claims of discriminatory conduct, and traditional labor matters. Experienced in all aspects of Employment Law, Miller prefers to work closely with employers to provide the necessary protections to preempt any employee claims.
Miller continues to serve as general counsel to emerging businesses and midmarket companies, advising them on comprehensive corporate strategies from formation through succession or sale.
With a wealth of litigation experience representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas, Miller has obtained victories for his clients in discrimination claims, individual and collective FLSA actions, contract claims, shareholder disputes, restrictive covenant enforcement actions, and construction lawsuits.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- University of Akron, Leadership and Human Resources Management Board
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, member
- Association for Corporate Growth, member
- St. Ignatius High School Alumni Committee, member
Presentations & Publications
- Approaches to Legal Innovation, Nimble Forum, April 2019
- Preventing the Disease of Litigation: Applying Concepts of Preventative Medicine to Avoid Litigation Risks, National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants, January 2019
- Employment Law Forum: State and Local Employment Law Updates, National Business Institute, December 2018
- Ohio Employment Law: Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Essentials, National Business Institute, November 2018
- Human Resources Law: What You Need to Know Now!, National Business Institute, October 2018
- Employee Discipline and Termination, Cleveland Employment Law Seminar, August 2018
- Sex, Scandals, and Solutions: HR Nightmares and Strategies with Social Media, Leading Eyecare Executive Forum, April 2018
- Wage and Benefit Issues: FLSA, Flex Plans, Leave Policies, and Record Keeping, National Business Institute, March 2018
- NLRB Reverses its Reversal of 2015 Browning-Ferris Joint Employer Decision, Labor + Employment Client Alert, February 2018
- Human Resources Due Diligence in Mergers and Acquisitions, National Business Institute, December 2017