Capital University Law School, J.D., cum laude
The College of Wooster, B.A., Political Science
In addition to assisting clients in litigation and other forms of dispute resolution, Justin also represents clients in various transactional and corporate matters such as negotiating and drafting lease agreements, purchase agreements, and construction contracts.
Justin has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for seven consecutive years, 2012 - 2018. Rising Stars are selected by their peers as the top up-and-coming attorneys who are under 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Ohio are named to the Rising Stars list each year.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (2015)
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: American Bar Association (Forum on the Construction Industry; Litigation Section; and Construction Litigation Committee)
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Board Member: Downtown Akron Partnership Emerging Leaders
- Member: Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Participant: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (V.I.T.A.)
- Volunteer: American Diabetes Association
- Board Member: Seton Catholic School (2010 – 2014)
Presentations & Publications
- Ohio Mechanics' Lien Law: Using the Law to Your Advantage
- Is It True That I Only Get Paid If You Get Paid? Contingent Payment Provisions and Other Contract Terms That Affect Your Right To Be Paid
- You Want What Warranty?
- Contractual and Mechanics' Lien Waivers - What Am I Really Waiving?
- Getting Paid for Extras, Notice Provisions and Cost Documentation Best Practices
- Negotiating Damages in Construction Disputes
- Ethics for Construction Attorneys