The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, LL.M
National Law Institute University, Bhopal (India), B.A. LL.B. (honors)
Shweta counsels businesses of all sizes through various stages of their lifecycles, including business setup, fundraising, expansion, exit, and windup processes, and also advises them on everyday general corporate law issues. She represents financial institutions as well as borrowers in commercial lending transactions. Shweta has also been on the both sides of acquisition deals and has represented acquirers as well as target companies from different industries, such as technology, manufacturing, food and self-storage industries.
Shweta’s diverse experience includes her legal practice in Mumbai, India, where she assisted clients with international investments, overseas expansion, and cross-border financing transactions. With her international experience and bilingual abilities, Shweta makes her legal services accessible to clients from diverse nationalities and backgrounds. She also contributes to the Columbus community by offering pro-bono legal counseling to local small businesses and startups, and serves on the LL.M. Advisory Council of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, her alma mater.
Court & Bar Association
- The Supreme Court of Ohio
- New York State Bar
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa (India)
- Chair, Columbus Bar Association, International Law Committee (2017- present)
- Secretary and Board Member, The Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2017-present)
- Co-Ambassador, Columbus Chapter, Women’s Leadership Network, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2018-present)
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Member, LL.M. Advisory Council, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Speaker, Professional Development Panel, as part of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, LL.M. brown bag lecture series (Mar 22, 2018 and February 9, 2017)
Speaker, International Law Society Practitioners Panel organized by The Ohio State University, International Law Society (Nov 8, 2016)