The multiple challenges posed by cybersecurity threats demand an interdisciplinary approach involving legal and technical expertise.
On Monday, September 27 at 12 PM EST, join Brennan Manna & Diamond and Lake Business Products for a 45-minute presentation and discussion on cybersecurity with cybersecurity legal and technical experts with a focus on ransomware. A thorough understanding of this area is particularly important for companies that have not previously been in cyber attackers' crosshairs and need to consider strategies to confront these sophisticated and persistent threats.
- Brandon T. Pauley, Attorney - Brennan, Manna & Diamond
- Matt Combs, Director of Information Technology - Lake Business Products
- What you need to know about ransomware (and other threats)
- Today's threat environment and how cybercriminals operate
- How to combat a cyber attack
- The technical incident response team’s role
- The lawyer's role
- Effective structures and company policies to address cybersecurity threats and responses
- Legal Policies and Procedures
- Technical Considerations
- Legal (regulatory and contractual) obligations resulting from cybersecurity attacks (with a specific focus on ransomware)
- Ransomware payment (to pay or not to pay)