Ashley B. Watson
Ashley is a healthcare attorney in BMD's Columbus office. She works with nonprofit and for-profit healthcare providers, healthcare trade associations, individuals and businesses. Ashley is experienced in healthcare public policy and regulatory compliance, legislative and government affairs, grant administration, and healthcare program operations.
Contact Information250 Civic Center Drive, Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D.
Case Western Reserve University, M.A., Art History and Museum Studies
The Ohio State University, B.A., Art History and Chemistry
Ashley helps clients find creative, public policy-based strategies to ensure they can best serve their community. As an attorney with a regulatory healthcare background, Ashley connects clients with business opportunities through government relations and strategic consulting. She also advises on regulatory and compliance matters, board governance, grant compliance, and public policy development.
Ashley’s clients include healthcare and child welfare agencies and providers including individual providers, federally qualified health centers, trade associations, universities, and hospitals. Over the past several years Ashley has worked with state agencies, local courts, and private organizations throughout Ohio to create a legal system for a post-emancipation foster care program that has helped over 3,000 young adults move towards independence and away from homelessness.
Ashley is passionate about Ohio’s art and museum scene and is an active advocate for stroke survivors like her husband.
Court & Bar Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- KINETIC: Emerging Leaders Board (COSI Columbus) (2018-present)
- The Ohio State Faculty Club Art Committee (2022-present)
- Commission on the Thomas J. Moyer Ohio Judicial Center (2022-present)
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County Board (2016-2022)
Professional Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch - Health Care Law (2022-2023)
- "Mediating NAGPRA: Bringing Cultural Consideration Back to the Table", 32 Ohio St. J. on Disp. Resol. 171(2017)
- “Ohio Bridges Program” Presentation:
- Ohio State Bar Association Juvenile Law Conference, October 2019 & 2021
- Ohio Juvenile Court Judges Association Conference, December 2019
- HHS Announces an Additional $20 Billion In Provider Relief Grants, October 2020
- Reopening & Social Media: Tips for Businesses, May 2020
- Healthcare Provisions of the American Rescue Plan, March 2021
- Medicaid Announces Next Generation of Managed Care Organizations, April 2021
- “Vaccine Policy & COVID-19” BMD Labor & Employment Summit, February 2021
- Presentations with Daphne Kackloudis:
- “A New Model for Developing a Continuum of Care for NAS Babies” Ohio Hospital Association Conference, June 2018
- “Navigating the Overpayment Maze” Ohio Association of Community Health Centers Conference, September 2018
- “Medical Records Retention & Destruction Rule Changes” Webinar, July 2019, August 2020, & January 2021
- “Payor Contract Negotiations” Webinar, February 2020
- “PPP Loan Compliance” Webinar, June 2020
- “Self-Pay Patient Billing and Compliance” Webinar, August 2021
- “A Model for Preventing Foster Care Placements of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Babies” Public Children Services Association of Ohio Conference, September 2021
- “No Surprises Billing Act Compliance” Webinar, November 2021 and February 2022