In addition to his litigation practice, he works with a variety of non-profit organizations and civic groups in establishing and developing their organizations.
Hal is President-Elect of the Akron Bar Association. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Akron Bar Foundation.
When he is not practicing law, Hal is an avid cyclist, a guitarist with the Reunion Band and a Francophile who works to maintain his proficiency with the French language. He resides in Hudson with is wife and three daughters.
Honors & Achievements
- Listed: The Best Lawyers in America© (2017-2019)
- Recognized as Ohio Super Lawyers® in 2017-2019 (Business Litigation), as voted by his peers
Courts & Bar Associations
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth District
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third District
- Akron Bar Association, President
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Foundation, Board of Governors
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, Member
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Akron Law Library, Committee Board Member
- Hudson City Council, At-Large City Council Member
- Hudson Community Improvement Corporation, Board Member
- Hudson Chamber of Commerce, Member
- The Society of the Cincinnati
- Anglican Diocese of the Great Lakes, Chancellor
Presentations & Publications
- Multiple seminars, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Law, Damages and Trial Practice