Jack N. Alpern
Jack is a practicing attorney as well as Founder and Shareholder of The Alpern Law Firm, which has joined the BMD business family. His practice focuses on providing asset protection and business planning, estate planning, retirement planning, incapacity planning, special needs planning, as well as trust administration and probate services. His office is in the Warren/Youngstown, Ohio area with satellite offices in Boardman, Middlefield, and East Liverpool.
Contact Information8600 East Market Street, Suite 1, Warren, Ohio 44484
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., George W. Wrightmire Award for Leadership
Case Western University College of Law, Basic and Advanced Estate Planning Courses
Mr. Alpern has guided over 3,000 clients to plan their estates, from those with modest assets to those with assets over $100 million. He has also been a frequent lecturer throughout his career, presenting at more than 200 continuing education seminars, both public and private. Jack is a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, having served on the Academy's Board of Governors and Education Advisory Board.
In 2022, he was one of five featured speakers at the Estate and Gift Planning Institute presented by the Salvation Army, a nationally streamed telecast, offering continuing education for attorneys, trust officers and financial professionals. Mr. Alpern has presented his course entitled, "Heir Conditioning: How to Make an Inheritance Mean Something" at Chautauqua Institution in its Special Studies program for more than a decade.
Courts & Bar Associations
- State Bar of Ohio, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Trumbull County Bar Association, Member
Professional Honors & Awards
- 2019 Top-Rated Avvo Attorney
Presentations & Publications
- Co-author, Legacy Wealth Planning: A Guide to Preserving Your Family Wealth
- Co-author, Total Wealth Management: The Definitive Guide to Estate and Financial Planning
- Instructor, "The Inheritance We Leave to Our Heirs...a Blessing or a Curse" Chautauqua Institution, New York. Lecture.
- Speaker, How to Pay for Nursing Home Costs. PBS, Akron Ohio.
- Co-author, "Actions and Proceedings Relating to Wills" Ohio Legal Center Institute.