Marquette University Law School, J.D.
Marietta College, B.A., Economics/English
His medical defense practice is focused on defense of hospitals, physicians, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, home health care agencies, and other healthcare professionals in various aspects of civil litigation involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
Luke’s probate litigation practice includes will contests, guardianship disputes, and various claims against estates.
Outside of the office, Luke enjoys playing golf, tennis, and ice hockey.
Key Representative Matters
- Secured verdict in favor of mason subcontractor on multi-million dollar school project
- Secured personal injury settlement exceeding $1,000,000
- Obtained dismissal of product liability claim against heavy-equipment manufacturer
- Secured arbitration award, including attorney fees, in favor of general contractor regarding commercial retail construction project
- Secured successful resolution of several personal injury claims, including automobile injuries, dog-bite injuries, and slip and fall injuries
- Secured summary judgment exceeding $1,000,000 in breach of contract action
- Defeated summary judgment motion and negotiated favorable resolution in an undue influence deed reformation case involving a purported transfer of real estate
- Secured verdict in two-day trial involving a dispute over which family member was best suited to serve as guardian
- Secured summary judgment in Federal Court regarding oil and gas lease dispute;
- Obtained reversals in numerous appeals, including: Neuhart v. TransAtlantic Energy Corp., 7th Dist. No. 17 NO 0449, 2018-Ohio-4099; Sunrise Cooperative, Inc v. Joppeck, 9th Dist. No. 16CA010984, 2017-Ohio-7654; Blile v. Staley, 7th Dist. No. 16 HA 0014, 2017-Ohio-9405; Western Reserve Cooperative, Inc. v. Agarwal, 11th Dist. No. 2009-G-2892, 2010-Ohio-2950; Kramer v. PAC Drilling Oil & Gas, LLC, 9th Dist. No. 11CA0003, 2011-Ohio-6750; Kowalski v. Smith, 9th Dist. No. 09CA0059, 2010-Ohio-3662
Courts & Bar Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Columbus Bar Association
- Wayne County Bar Association
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Nick Amster, Inc., private, non-profit serving adults with developmental disabilities (2015-2018)
- Wayne Center for the Arts (2017-2018)
- Wee Care Center, Inc. (2009-2015)
- Lions Club (2009-Present)
- Leadership Wooster (2011)
Presentations & Publications
- Claims Against Estates: Essentials and Exceptions (2018 Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: Estate Planning Council—October 2018)