Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management, M.S.F.
The Ohio State University, cum laude, B.S.B.A.
Kevin’s overall practice offers services including:
- Deal structuring
- Negotiation and execution of deal agreements
- Joint venture/partnership formation
- Project financing
- Capital raising including fund formation
- Tax strategy and reorganization
- IP commercialization and monetization
- Corporate governance
He has experience representing a broad range of real property developers and owners in property acquisitions, project development, leasing and project finance with over $695M in real estate transactions closed. He represents both borrowers and lenders in a variety of financing arrangements, including traditional bank loans, SBA loans, mezzanine financing, equipment leasing, receivables factoring, floorplan financing, asset-based securitizations, private placement securities offerings, bonds and other government incentive financing programs, resulting in over $300M in debt and equity financing deals successfully consummated.
With a background in Finance and Accounting, and experience running privately held companies, Kevin has a broad base of knowledge regarding tax structuring considerations and consequences, helping clients to mitigate risk by implementing tax-efficient transaction and entity structures, and devising capital allocation strategies, appropriate for each client’s situation and goals. Kevin also has a niche focus in distressed situations, with an ability to devise creative solutions to complex scenarios and add value through BMD's and his personal network of professional advisors, investors, C-suite executive talent and other resources.
- Represent buyer in asset acquisition of oil separator manufacturing business and manufacturing facility located in North Carolina for $8.825M total consideration
- Represent seller of e-discovery software suite in $55M asset sale to national private equity firm as platform for roll-up acquisition strategy (structure involved partial seller equity roll-over)
- Represent physician group in structuring, negotiation and closing joint venture with national operating and capital partner to operate an ambulatory surgical center valued at $7.5M
- Represent joint-venture sponsor in the development of a $46M health & wellness and medical office building located in the HealthTech Corridor of Lake Nona, Orlando, FL master-planned health & wellness community, including real estate zoning and entitlements, JV formation and governance, $12.5M private securities offering and $30M senior debt financing
- Represent project sponsor in $16M private securities offering, involving $6M convertible notes and $10M unsecured promissory notes, to finance capital equipment and facilities build-out for vertically integrated medical cannabis operation
- Represent seller in $33.5M sale of 90K SF mixed-use student housing (312 beds) and "innovation" educational space located on the University of Florida college campus to a national real estate private equity fund
- Represent seller of machine kit building systems in asset sale to N. American affiliate of international industrial & commercial goods conglomerate for total transaction consideration of $5.25M
- Represent seller in $2.8M sale of consumer insurance brokerage software platform and related assets to national insurance brokerage
- Represent buyer in acquisition of chemical manufacturing business, intellectual property, equipment and real estate containing manufacturing facility and warehouse for total consideration of $1.35M
Courts & Bars
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Forum (2017)
- Association for Corporate Growth, Associate Member (2016-2017)
- Minds Matter Cleveland (2016-2017)