The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D.
Miami University, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
Additionally, John serves as bond counsel, issuer’s counsel or underwriter’s counsel on various public financing issues, including bond issues for the Ohio Treasurer of State, industrial revenue bonds, taxable note transactions, and other financings.
John is a lifelong resident of the Akron area, graduating from Walsh Jesuit High School in 1977. John received his BA in Political Science from Miami University in 1981, and his JD from The Ohio State University in 1984. John served as a law clerk for Judge Edward J. Mahoney of the Ninth District Court of Appeals of Ohio from 1984 to 1986. Following his clerkship, John joined Amer Cunningham Brennan, LPA, and practiced in its Business and Real Estate Department, first as an associate and later as partner. John joined Brennan, Manna & Diamond, LLC, as an equity partner in January, 2001, shortly after the Firm’s formation.
John currently serves on the Ohio Higher Education Facility Commission, and is a Trustee and Secretary of the Cascade Capital Corporation. John was a member of Leadership Akron Class XXII, and is a member of the American, Ohio and Akron Bar Associations and the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar (1984)
- Member: National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Akron Bar Association, Board of Trustees
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Trustee and Secretary, Cascade Capital Corporation, Inc.
- Leadership Akron, Class XXII
- Past President, Akron Bar Foundation
- Treasurer, Akron Bar Association
- Commission Member, Ohio Higher Education Facility Commission
- Former Chairman, Boy Scout Troop One