You’re invited to the Legal Corner - Tuesday, February 9, 2016
“Mechanic’s Lien Refresher Course – Using Liens To Protect Payment Rights; Mechanic’s Lien Waivers- What Am I Really Waiving?”
Breakfast and Networking will begin @7:00am. This presentation will take place from 7:30am-8:30am.
Attorneys Justin Alaburda and Vince Vigluicci will be presenting an hour long presentation on “Mechanic’s Lien Refresher Course-Using Liens To Protect Payment Rights: Mechanic’s Lien Waivers – What Am I Really Waiving?”
This Class is Free to Members
Multiple Attendees From The Same Company Are Welcome and Are Also Free To Attend.
Non- Members pay $50.00 per class OR sign up for membership and the class is FREE!
Thank you to Brennan, Manna & Diamond AND Harpst Ross, Ltd For Sponsoring Breakfast!
- Understand the Notice of Commencement and Notice of Furnishing Prerequisites
- Learn perfecting a Mechanic’s Lien, including timing and service requirements
- Learn Drafting the Lien Affidavit-Essential Information
- How to enforce a Mechanic’s Lien and the Notice of Commence Suit
- How to read and understand lien waivers and their implications
- Knowing when lien waivers are too broad and when NOT to sign them.
CEU Approved - Class Provides(1) Hour Credit!
637 Vernon Odom Blvd.
Akron, OH 44307
330-762-9951 Ext. 11
Why Should I Attend?
Mechanic’s liens are the simplist and the best method of securing payment rights whether the project has disputes or not. Allowing these rights to lapse is a mistake only made once. Payment in return for a lien waiver seems like a fair trade but whether this truly is a fair arrangement often depends on the specific language of the lien waiver. This presentation will examine these issues and identify traps for the unwary.