Chad maintains an active intellectual property legal practice in his counsel capacity with BMD, concentrating specifically on identifying, protecting and enforcing clients' brands and intellectual property and handling their marketing and advertising concerns. Chad also counsels on trademark and brand selection and clearance strategies in the U.S. Trademark Office and manages domestic and international trademark portfolios in the role of outside IP counsel for clients. His practice spans across a wide array of consumer and industrial/manufacturing goods and services. In addition to his IP practice, Chad is general counsel and Chief Financial Officer for Metallic Resources, Inc., an innovator and manufacturer of the world's purest solder and soldering products.
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D.
Kenyon College, B.A. Mathematics, cum laude
As the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer for a multi-national corporation based in Northeast Ohio, Chad understands his clients' diverse needs and concerns from a practical, real-world perspective. His comprehensive experience also enables him to handle litigation and corporate engagements involving employment, business and commercial matters, construction disputes, and health care law. Above all, Chad prides himself on shouldering his clients' burdens, simplifying the complex, and focusing on delivering real results.
Courts & Bar Associations
- All Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Sixth Circuit of Appeals
- U.S. Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (Trademarks)
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Marketing Association, Member
- American Advertising Federation, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Friends of Judge O'Brien, Treasurer
- Community Job Club, Inc., Former Board Member
- CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, Recipient
- Moritz College of Law Academic Merit Scholarship, Recipient
- Selected to ESPN The Magazine Academic All District® Football Team