Karl W. Hauber
Karl is a Patent Attorney at BMD's Akron Office. His primary practice area is Intellectual Property. He has prepared and prosecuted patent apps in the mechanical, chemical, and electrical arts.
Contact Information75 E Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
Cleveland State University College of Law, J.D.
Cleveland State University, B.I.E.
Karl advises clients on the full range of Intellectual Property and business matters. He also counsels clients on the patent and trademark process including the filing and prosecution of applications. Karl serves as a trustworthy advisor to obtain and protect patents, trademarks, and copyrights of his clients. Karl is an avid bicyclist and enjoys multi-day bike trips in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications, trademark/service mark applications and copyright applications for clients located around the world
- Challenges and defends the validity of intellectual property rights, assists clients in the purchase/sale and licensing of intellectual property rights, and the preparation of various forms of opinions relative to intellectual property rights
- Advises clients on day-to-day business matters and routinely drafts and negotiates a wide range of agreements and contracts
- Assist clients in developing and protecting new product ideas
- Served as an engineer and plant manager for a snowplow wear parts manufacturing company in northeast Ohio. Obtained patents and trademarks to protect product base in the state and municipal snowplow industry
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Kirtland Kiwanis Foundation (2015-2019)