Paul C. Filon
Paul is a registered patent attorney. His clients range from domestic and international companies to individual inventors and authors. He handles all aspects of intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing and the Internet as well as data protection and privacy matters.
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., cum laude
The University of Akron School of Law, Intellectual Property Law Certification Program
Case Western Reserve University, B.A., Chemistry
Paul has experience in preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications, brand protection, copyrights, intellectual property infringement analysis, licensing, contract drafting, non-disclosure agreements, litigation support, media and internet law issues, mergers and acquisitions, and nonprofit law.
Paul works with clients and inventors to develop patents focusing in the areas of mechanical devices, medical and surgical devices, chemical compounds, automotive improvements, aircraft components, sports equipment, software and business methods, along with many other technologies.
He is also the Shift Commander for the Strongsville Fire Department, chemistry specialist for regional hazardous materials team and bomb squad.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar Association
- Registered Patent Attorney with U.S.P.T.O.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Akron Bar Association
- Membership Committee
- Diversity Committee
- American Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Tuesday Musical Association, Board President
- University of Akron Law School, Chairman, Liaison Committee
- Walsh Jesuit High School Alumni Association, President
- Guardianship Project, Summit County Probate Court, Volunteer
- Ohio Supreme Court New Attorney Mentor
- Executive Editor Akron Law Review
Professional Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio's Super Lawyers® (2018)
- Saul K. Leftkowitz Moot Court Competition Award winner and best brief for trademark law