Victoria L. Ferrise
Victoria is an attorney and registered lobbyist. She brings a unique perspective having rejoined the firm after her tenure as Deputy Director of Outside Counsel in then - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine’s administration.
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
250 Civic Center Drive, Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215
The University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
Ohio University, B.B.A., Business Economics, Business Pre-Law
While at the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Victoria was a member of the Special Litigation Group, Election Law Task Force and oversaw high-profile projects and cases for Attorney General Mike DeWine. Most notably, she oversaw and provided recommendations to the Attorney General regarding the Office’s high-stakes Bank of America litigation that ultimately settled for $2.425 billion (which was the 4th largest settlement ever paid by a single corporate defendant in a securities fraud case). Victoria was also responsible for oversight and administration of the State’s annual outside counsel budgets totaling approximately $45 million.
Victoria has worked with nearly all of Ohio’s state agencies, universities, colleges, pension funds and the Ohio legislature. This experience uniquely qualifies her to create strategies for government issues, develop solutions, and resolve disputes for her clients.
Victoria leverages her skills in energy and utility law, education law, litigation, economic development, technology transfer, administrative law, regulatory matters, legislative analysis, election law, and her work with the firm’s healthcare and public finance experts to benefit her private and government clients.
Victoria has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as an Ohio Rising Star (Government Relations) from 2016 to 2019. Rising Stars are selected by their peers as the top up-and-coming attorneys who are under 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Ohio are named to the Rising Stars list each year.
Courts & Bar Associations
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Professional Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (2023)
- Ohio Rising Star 2016 - 2018
- Ohio Attorney General’s Office Special Litigation Group (former member)
- Ohio Attorney General’s Office Election Law Task Force (2012)
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- First Tee of Greater Akron, Board Member
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys, Member (2014)
- University of Akron School of Law Alumni Association, Past President