Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003
Miami University, B.S. 2000, Finance
As a commercial litigator, Adam has represented large and small businesses and public entities in a variety of litigation matters, including employment disputes, consumer-related lawsuits, breach of contract actions, fraud actions, real estate disputes, class actions and collection actions. He has appeared as lead and co-counsel before federal and state courts and administrative agencies such as the DOL, EEOC, SSA, UCRC and BWC.
Adam loves to explore the outdoors and read with his family.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair, TIPS Employment and Labor Law committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (2003 - 2011)
- Obtained remand of $859 million verdict in class action against BWC
- Obtained summary judgment for national logistics company against the EEOC in a failure to hire age discrimination claim filed in federal court.
- Defended long-term acute care hospital in employment discrimination and wrongful termination actions.
- Defended national bank in Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower claim filed with the Department of Labor and in state court.
- Defended telecommunications provider in class action litigation brought in federal court under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Obtained dismissal for local hospital in class action litigation brought in state court alleging violation of Ohio Medicaid regulations.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- HandsOn Northeast Ohio (2007-present), Ex Officio Board Member, past Board Chair, Volunteer Leader
- The Woods Homeowner Association (2015 - present), Secretary
- The Society for Human Resource Management (2012 – present), Member
- Playhouse Square Partners (2010-2013), Member
- Defense Research Institute (2007-2009), Member
- Harvey Rice Elementary School (2003-2006), Tutor
Presentations and Publications
- "The Future of Arbitration: Is it so Bright You have to Wear Shades? A Panel Discussion of Workplace Arbitration Agreements in the Wake of Epic Systems Corp. v. Lewis", ABA Annual Meeting, TIPS Section (2018)
- "Managing Employee Leaves of Absence," "Legal Issues in Recruiting" and "Avoiding Wage and Hour Violations", National Business Institute (2015)
- “No Privilege for You: The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege,” ABA Corporate Counsel Committee Newsletter (Spring 2014)
- “Unemployment Compensation Benefits and Costs,” and “Wage and Benefits Issues,” National Business Institute (2014)
- “Navigating the Affordable Care Act: Understanding the Employer Mandate,” “HR Tips for Handling an Employee with an Addiction,” and “Wage and Hour Issues,” National Business Institute (2013)
- "One if by Land, Two if by Sea. Changes are Coming to Electronic Discovery," Cleveland Bar Journal, v. 77, No. 10, p. 15, September 2006