Adam D. Fuller
Partner and Co-Chair, Employment & Labor Law Group
Adam Fuller is a partner practicing in BMD's Labor and Employment, Litigation, Education and Technology groups.
His areas of experience include consulting and defending private and public employers in all areas of employment law, including workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, FMLA, ADA, Title VII, ADEA, WARN and FLSA.
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003
Miami University, B.S. 2000, Finance
As a commercial litigator, Adam has represented large and small businesses and public entities in a variety of litigation matters, including employment disputes, consumer-related lawsuits, breach of contract actions, fraud actions, real estate disputes, class actions and collection actions. He has appeared as lead and co-counsel before federal and state courts and administrative agencies such as the DOL, EEOC, SSA, UCRC and BWC.
Adam loves to explore the outdoors and read with his family.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair, TIPS Employment and Labor Law committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (2003 - 2011)
- Obtained remand of $859 million verdict in class action against BWC
- Obtained summary judgment for national logistics company against the EEOC in a failure to hire age discrimination claim filed in federal court.
- Defended long-term acute care hospital in employment discrimination and wrongful termination actions.
- Defended national bank in Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower claim filed with the Department of Labor and in state court.
- Defended telecommunications provider in class action litigation brought in federal court under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Obtained dismissal for local hospital in class action litigation brought in state court alleging violation of Ohio Medicaid regulations.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- HandsOn Northeast Ohio (2007-present), Ex Officio Board Member, past Board Chair, Volunteer Leader
- The Woods Homeowner Association (2015 - present), Secretary
- The Society for Human Resource Management (2012 – present), Member
- Playhouse Square Partners (2010-2013), Member
- Defense Research Institute (2007-2009), Member
- Harvey Rice Elementary School (2003-2006), Tutor
Presentations and Publications
- "The Future of Arbitration: Is it so Bright You have to Wear Shades? A Panel Discussion of Workplace Arbitration Agreements in the Wake of Epic Systems Corp. v. Lewis", ABA Annual Meeting, TIPS Section (2018)
- "Managing Employee Leaves of Absence," "Legal Issues in Recruiting" and "Avoiding Wage and Hour Violations", National Business Institute (2015)
- “No Privilege for You: The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege,” ABA Corporate Counsel Committee Newsletter (Spring 2014)
- “Unemployment Compensation Benefits and Costs,” and “Wage and Benefits Issues,” National Business Institute (2014)
- “Navigating the Affordable Care Act: Understanding the Employer Mandate,” “HR Tips for Handling an Employee with an Addiction,” and “Wage and Hour Issues,” National Business Institute (2013)
- "One if by Land, Two if by Sea. Changes are Coming to Electronic Discovery," Cleveland Bar Journal, v. 77, No. 10, p. 15, September 2006