Ms. Dhinojwala focuses her practice in the areas of immigration, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. She has represented clients in federal and state courts and has experience in mediation and arbitration proceedings. She also represents corporations, colleges, universities, governmental entities, as well as individuals, in all aspects of the immigration process by preparing and guiding them in all steps related to filing a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
The University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
Sophia College in Bombay, India, Diploma in Fine Arts
Ms. Dhinojwala's areas of focus include the following:
- Family-based Immigrant Visa or Permanent Residency: including immediate family members, spouses and fiancées.
- Employment-based Immigrant Visa or Permanent Residency: EB1-First Preference, Persons of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, Multinational Executives and Managers; EB2-Second Preference, Members of Professions holding Advanced Degrees or Aliens of Exceptional Ability; EB3-Third Preference, Skilled Workers, Professionals and other Workers; EB4-Fourth Preference, Special Immigrants; EB5-Fifth Preference, Employment Creation Investors including investments in Regional Centers.
- Nonimmigrant Visas: Visitor Visas, B-1-for Business/B-2-for Tourist; E-1-Treaty Trader/E2-Treaty Investor E Visas for Traders and Investors; F-1 or J-1-Academic Student Visa; H1B Visa-Specialty Occupation; H2A-Agricultural Labor or H2B-other Temporary Labor Visa; H-3-Trainee; K-Fiancé or Fiancée of U.S. Citizen; L-Intra Company Transferee; M-Vocational Student; O-1 or O-2-Extraordinary Ability; P-1, P-2 or P-3-Athletes and Group Entertainers; Q-International Cultural Exchange Program; R-Religious Vocation or Profession; TN-Trade NAFTA Professionals.
- All aspects of I-9 Compliance, including employer’s rights and responsibilities.
- Extensive experience in Creditor's Rights, Collections and Bankruptcy litigation.
- Oglesby v. Sunrise Coop., Inc., 2014 Bankr. LEXIS 4104 (Bankr. N.D. Ohio, 2014)
- Vincent Clemens Trust v. Levengood, 2014-Ohio-2922, 2014 Ohio App. LEXIS 2858, 2014 WL 2980948 (Ohio Ct. App., Knox County, 2014)
- First Knox Nat'l Bank Div. of PNB v. Welling (In re Welling), 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 2890, 2013 WL 3760112 (Bankr. N.D. Ohio, 2013)
- HHL Group, Inc. v. Ken's Auto Serv. Ctr., 2011-Ohio-1153, 2011 Ohio App. LEXIS 993, 2011 WL 860427 (Ohio Ct. App., Medina County, 2011)
- Joe Hand Promotions v. Himmelberg, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 48124, 2012 WL 1142939 (S.D. Ohio, 2012)
- Found. for Moral Law, Inc. v. Infocision Mgmt. Corp., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 108117 (N.D. Ohio, 2008)
- Dodd v. Keybank, 2006 WL 62432, 2006-Ohio-93 (Ohio App. 8th Dist., 2006)
- Flexsys Am., LP v. Kumho Tire, U.S.A., 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 48947, 2005 WL 1126750 (N.D. Ohio, 2005)
- In Re World, Metals, 313 B.R. 720 (2004)
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Medina County Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Presentations & Publications
- Immigration Attorney Talks Crisis in Ukraine, Community Legal Aid, April 2022
- India News International (Ohio's Asian-Indian Newspaper) Article (July 2020)
- BMD Webinar presentation on bankruptcy and workout options under COVID19, May 2020
- BMD Client Alert on H-1B new registration process, March 2020
- I-9 Compliance and Conducting Internal Audits for Healthcare Providers, Marietta Memorial Hospital, January 2018
Invited Speaker, I-9 Compliance, E-verify and Audits, Ohio Attorney General’s Conference on International Students and Workforce, November 2017, Columbus, Ohio
- Don’t Let Your Subpoena Fall Through the Cracks (published in the OSBA magazine, Ohio Lawyer) March/April 2008
- Group Presentation: How to Build a Successful Law Practice from a Female Perspective, October 2007, Scanlon Inns of Court
- Group Presentation: Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, November 2006, Scanlon Inns of Court
- Practice Tips, Complying with Civil Rules 33 and 36 (published in the OSBA magazine, Ohio Lawyer) January/February 2006
- Commentary on the 2004 Amendment to Ohio Civil Rules 33 and 36 (published in the Akron Bar Association magazine, Examiner) September 2005.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Crain's Cleveland 2022 Notables In Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers (2022-2023)
- 2021 Elam Pro Bono Attorney Award, given annually by the Ohio State Bar Foundation to one attorney who selflessly donates his or her time and talent to pro bono causes
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Advocacy Committee Member (2021)
- Indian Cultural Association of Greater Akron, Pro Bono Legal Counsel and Board Member (2021)
- Sound of Ideas, WVIZ 90.3 radio channel, covered on July 29, 2020
- 2020 Women of Note, Crain’s Cleveland Business (June 29, 2020)
- 2019 Community Legal Aid (North East Ohio) Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
- Akron Bar Association Foundation Fellow (nominated and selected in 2019)
- Community Legal Aid, Board Member since 2014
- Community Legal Aid Investment Committee Chair (2015 to 2019)
- BMD Pro Bono Committee, Co-Chair since 2016
- Selected as the 2012 Rising Star by the Super Lawyers magazine based on peer review
- Special counsel to Ohio Attorney General’s Office, 2010 to 2013 and 2016 to present
- Cali Award for Student Excellence, 2001, Commercial Law II, Top A
- Cali Award for Student Excellence, 2001, Employment Discrimination Law, Top A
- Basic Legal Research, Top A
- Dean’s List: Spring 2002, Fall 2001
- Akron Municipal Court Mediation Certificate
- India Sunday School in Akron (non-profit entity), Past Chair and Vice Chair