J. Brock McClane
Brock has more than 30 years of legal experience with a focus on commercial litigation, banking, and planning, structuring, and managing family estates with an objective of risk minimization and growth. Brock also focuses on international matters with an emphasis on Germany.
Contact Information255 South Orange Avenue, Suite 700, Orlando, Florida 32801
George Washington University, J.D., 1988
Emory University, B.A., 1984
Brock has extensive banking experience and joined the board of Climate First Bank in February 2022, also serving on the board of its parent, Climate First Bancorp, Inc. His prior bank experiences include service as Vice Chairman of First Green Bankcorp, Inc. which was acquired by SeaCoast Bank in 2018.
Fluent in German, Brock was appointed by German President Koehler as Honorary Consul of Germany in Orlando in 2010 and continues in that role serving German citizens and hosting events during the year, including an annual "Strassenfest" or street party.
Brock resides in Orlando with his wife, Sarah.
- Brock has served as a legal consultant to bank boards and has also represented investors in fiduciary litigation against a multi-national bank and led the unwinding of a Florida mortgage company during the financial crisis of 2008.
- Brock successfully represented a team of investors in a fraudulent electronic gold platform opportunity, similar to cryptocurrency. Brock led the legal effort against the false platform that included securing a Mareva injunction from the Court of Ontario, Canada, enforcing an Anton Pilar discovery order in Sydney, Australia, representing the Liquidator in the British Virgin Islands to pursue a US Director in Baltimore, MD and other actions.
- Brock represents high net-worth families in the central Florida area and handles structure issues and investment strategies.
Courts & Bar Associations
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Northern, Middle and Southern Federal District Courts in Florida
- US Circuit Court for the Eleventh Circuit
Professional Honors & Awards
- Rated "AV" by Martindale Hubbell
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in International Law since 1999
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in International Law
- Recognized as a "Best Lawyer" in Corporate Law by Orlando Magazine and The Best Lawyers in America® (2010-2024)
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Honorary Consul of Germany in Orlando, appointed in 2010
- Chairman of Mayor Buddy Dyer's International Advisory Board, since 2012
- The Florida Bar International Law Section, Executive Committee (Chair, 2008-2009)
- Orange County Bar Association, International Law Committee Chair, 1998-2001
- Bach Festival Society of Winter Park, Inc., Board of Trustees, 2014-2020
- Blankner School Foundation, Inc., Founding Director and President, 2001-2007