The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D.
Miami University, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
John’s clients include manufacturing, distribution, real estate development and educational management companies. He provides general legal counsel to these clients and has represented them in numerous sales, acquisition, financing, joint venture, development, and other transactions.
John serves as bond counsel, issuer’s counsel or underwriter’s counsel on various public financing issues, including bond issues for the Ohio Treasurer of State, industrial revenue bonds, taxable note transactions, and other financings.
John is a lifelong resident of the Akron area, graduating from Walsh Jesuit High School in 1977. John received his BA in Political Science from Miami University in 1981, and his JD from The Ohio State University in 1984. John served as a law clerk for Judge Edward J. Mahoney of the Ninth District Court of Appeals of Ohio from 1984 to 1986. Following his clerkship, John joined Amer Cunningham Brennan, LPA, and practiced in its Business and Real Estate Department, first as an associate and later as a partner. John joined Brennan, Manna & Diamond, LLC, as an equity partner in January 2001, shortly after the Firm’s formation.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar (1984)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Cascade Capital Corporation, Inc., Trustee and Secretary
- Leadership Akron, Class XXII
- Akron Bar Foundation, Past Trustee, Past President
- Akron Bar Association, Past Trustee, Past Treasurer
- Ohio Higher Education Facility Commission, Commission Member and Secretary
- Boy Scout Troop One, Former Chairman