Stephen E. Matasich
For over 20 years, Stephen has focused his practice in the area of litigation, including commercial litigation, insurance defense, and defense of hospitals and their staff in medical malpractice cases. He also aggressively defends manufacturers in product liability claims and intentional torts.
Contact Information4518 Fulton Road NW, Suite 202, Canton, Ohio 44718
Cleveland State University College of Law, J.D.
The University of Akron, B.A.
Stephen also represents employers in employment intentional torts, retaliatory and wrongful discharge claims, discrimination and harassment claims, whistleblower claims, industrial accidents, and VSSRs.
His practice also focuses on occupational safety and health. He has successfully handled hundreds of OSHA investigations for manufacturers, retailers and construction companies across the United States. Stephen is among a small number of Ohio attorneys to have received OSHA's 30-hour training courses in both general industry and construction. Being experienced to seamlessly handle all aspects of a workplace injury claim, his familiarity with cases eliminates the need for repetitive investigation and duplicative services which saves clients time and money.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Disputed Fee Committee
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Trillium Family Solutions, Past President
- Leadership Stark County, Class 21
- Eastern Stark County Safety Council
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, Member
Presentations & Publications
- "Workplace Safety: The Importance of Enforcing Safety Policies and Procedures," Eastern Stark County Safety Council (September 2016)
- "Handling OSHA Investigations, Winning: Successful Strategies for Managing the Toughest Workers' Compensation and Employment Claims," Canton, Ohio (May 2015)
- "OSHA: Investigation, Defense & Avoidance," Canton, Ohio (October 2014)
- "VSSR Investigation and Defense," Eastern Stark County Safety Council (April 2013)
- "How to Handle an OSHA Investigation," CIDB Presentation (August 2012)
- "Safety Policies/Procedures: Consequences of Failure to Follow or Enforce," Safety Seminar (March 2012)
- "VSSR from the Employer's Perspective," Northeast Ohio Chapter of The Association of Corporate Counsel (NEOACCA)(January 2012)
- "Defending Against VSSRs," Eastern Stark County Safety Council (April 2012)
- "Defending Against the Mental Health Claim," Ohio Self-Insurers Association (January 2011)