Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, lender, broker, seller, purchaser, landlord or tenant, BMD provides the advice and services required to meet all your real estate needs.
Our attorneys represent individuals, developers, investors, lenders and businesses in the acquisition, development, financing, sale and leasing of real estate. We assist in planning the structure of, negotiating, financing and documenting and closing real estate transactions.
We assist clients in the negotiation and closing of real estate acquisitions and sales, including the preparation of purchase agreements, sale/leaseback agreements, conveyance documents, financing documents, tax-deferred and multiple-party exchange agreements, escrow instructions and other related documents. We also are able to assist our clients in structuring and documenting “like-kind” exchanges.
Our firm also negotiates and prepares leases for landlords and tenants, including ground leases, build-to-suit leases, residential leases, office leases, retail leases, industrial leases and subleases. Our lawyers assist clients in all types of real-estate development, including residential, multi-family, golf-course, shopping-center, industrial, office, hotel and urban developments. In addition, we have experience in the creation and operation of residential, commercial and mixed-use condominiums; planned-unit developments; and with construction and design contracts for such projects.
BMD also represents clients seeking financing as well as varied lending institutions in providing financing. Our lawyers advise clients on current methods and alternatives of real estate financing and assist in the structuring, restructuring and documentation of interim, permanent and securitized real estate mortgages, loan agreements and financing, and security documents.
Areas of service include:
- Title and closing services for commercial and residential transactions
- Work with Association Boards to create and amend bylaws, covenants, conditions and restrictions, rules, amendments and articles of incorporation
- Help enforce the association’s rules
- Offer legal advice and interpret laws as they apply to the association
- Prepare and review contracts with vendors and employees
- Assist with association elections
- Handle collections issues, including the filing of liens, if necessary, against homeowners
- Represent the board in dealings with government agencies
- Litigate against developers and contractors
- Review the association’s insurance and recommend areas where additional coverage is necessary
- Advise on appropriate procedures and processes when the association is conducting board meetings
Executive CommitteeAnthony S. MannaChairmanCassandra L. MannaAttorneyJohn F. MartinMemberChristopher J. Meager "CJ"PartnerBrandon T. PauleyPartnerEmma D. PinderAttorneyMarlon PrimesCo-Chair, Business and Tort Litigation GroupAdrian C. RibovichMemberScott RostMemberDavid M. ScottManaging Partner/Vice President, ColumbusElizabeth Shively BoatwrightAttorneyMichael A. SteelOf CounselLee S. WalkoFounding Member