Nicholas E. Karam
Nick counsels clients in the areas of commercial real estate, mergers & acquisitions, and corporate business matters. His practice primarily focuses on commercial real estate purchases and sales and lease negotiations, from both the landlord and tenant sides. Nick is also experienced with various due diligence requirements when purchasing property, including environmental, survey, and title-related issues.
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
The University of Mount Union, B.S., Business Administration, Finance
With a background in Finance and Business Development, Nick advises both buyers and sellers on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, beginning at the letter of intent and due diligence stage to the structure of the transaction and negotiation of the transaction documents. He also advises clients on corporate formation, organization, and governance-related issues.
- Represented an accounting firm in connection with its acquisition of an Illinois based in accounting firm, that will assist and help leverage its growth within the Illinois and Chicago market.
- Represented Olympic Steel in connection with its acquisition of a manufacturer of products constructed largely of coated carbon and stainless steel, headquartered in Kansas.
- Represented an accounting firm in connection with its acquisition of a North Carolina based in accounting firm, that will assist and help leverage its growth within the North Carolina market.
- Represented Olympic Steel in connection with its acquisition of a stainless steel distribution and fabrication business headquartered in Georgia
- Represented Olympic Steel in connection with the sale of substantially all of the company’s Detroit assets and operations
- Represented a metals processor and distributor in connection with the disposition of substantially all of one of its subsidiary’s assets, including the sale of the facility where the subsidiary operated.
- Represented various property owners in several Ohio counties regarding their complaints or counter-complaints against the valuation of real property.
- Represented a pet crematory business in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets to a nationwide pet services provider.
- Represented a metals processor and distributor in connection with its acquisition of a multi-state metals distribution company, including the purchase of the facilities where the acquired entity operated.
- Represented the seller of a machine kit building systems in an asset sale to a North American affiliate of an international industrial and commercial goods conglomerate.
- Represented a non-profit corporation in its negotiation, inspection, and purchase of a 5-acre parcel to be used as its new headquarters.
- Represented a national real estate developer in its negotiation, inspection, and purchase of an 18-acre parcel in Georgia for development into a mixed-use, downtown unit.
- Represented various entities in their initial or ongoing private securities offerings, some of which involved convertible promissory notes and unsecured promissory notes. These raises are often used to finance capital equipment and facilities build-out for vertically integrating a client's operation or to leverage its growth within the market.
- Represented a health and wellness community center in its negotiation and execution of several joint venture collaboration agreements with nationwide health and fitness outfits.
- Represented a multi-facility healthcare system in connection with the purchase of an 18-acre lot encompassing more than 180,000 square feet of land.
- Represented entities involved in community development efforts involving the use of historic tax credits, low income housing tax credits, and new markets tax credits.
Courts & Bar Associations
- American Bar Association - Young Lawyers; Real Property, Trust & Estate Law
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association