Joshua R. La Bouef
Joshua is a Member of BMD. His practice is focused on complex business litigation, labor & employment, construction litigation, property disputes, trust litigation, government affairs and public law. He has extensive experience as lead trial counsel in state and federal courts in Florida. He has also represented clients in arbitration and administrative proceedings.
Contact Information5210 Belfort Road, Suite 400, Jacksonville, Florida 32256
Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
University of California, B.A., Psychology, cum laude
Joshua routinely advises clients on labor and employment issues, including discipline and discharge, employment policies and procedures, investigations of employee misconduct, privacy issues, wages and hours, maintenance of business records, restrictive covenants and protecting confidential business information. He also focuses on financial disputes and construction litigation.
Joshua (Josué) was born and raised in Latin America. He is not only fluent in Spanish, but he has the cultural knowledge to assist our Latin American clients. Our clients are able to leverage his unique perspective and knowledge - whether they are foreign clients seeking to establish a business presence in the U.S. or domestic clients seeking to do business in Latin America.
Joshua graduated number one in his law school class (#1 of 317) and was an active member of Law Review, where he received nine Book Awards. During law school, he worked for the Florida Supreme Court as an Extern for the then Chief Justice, Barbara J. Pariente.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
- S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Presentations & Publications
- Federal Court Jurisdiction Under the Civil Service Reform Act, 7 FL. COASTAL L. REV. SPECIAL SUPP. 46 (2006)
Professional Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2024)
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star 2018, Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Jacksonville, Florida