Brandon T. Pauley
Brandon is a Partner in the firm’s Columbus office and counsels businesses, individuals, professional associations, and healthcare providers in areas involving business agreements, ownership disputes, cybersecurity, zoning and real estate transactions. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Brandon worked in corporate real estate finance for a Fortune 500 corporation based in Columbus, Ohio. Brandon strives to counsel clients with practical and sensible advice.
As a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Brandon has counseled multiple entities in response to cyber-attacks and assists clients in developing user-friendly cybersecurity compliance programs and auditing existing programs to proactively work with clients in improving policies, processes and training.
Contact Information250 Civic Center Drive, Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D.
The Ohio State University, B.S. Business Administration, Corporate Finance, International Affairs Scholar
Brandon also specializes in zoning law. Formerly an assistant solicitor for an Ohio municipality, Brandon uses his municipal experience to advise clients on land use and zoning issues.
Brandon has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as a 2019 and 2020 Rising Star. Rising Stars are selected by their peers as the top up-and-coming attorneys who are under 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Ohio are named to the Rising Stars list each year.
Courts & Bar Admissions
- Ohio Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District Michigan
- All Ohio State Courts
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
Awards/Honors & Civic Affiliations
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star - Business/Corporation Law (2021)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019 and 2020
- Selected for Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy (2017)
- Selected for Akron Bar Association Leadership Academy (2016)
- Selected for Torchbearers (non-profit organization comprised of individuals identified as future leaders of the Greater Akron area)(2015)
- Columbus Young Professionals Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- "Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Law - Legal Ethics" (published by the National Business Institute)
- "Short Term Rentals, Long Term Consequences", Ohio State Bar Association's 26th Annual Bradley J. Schaeffer Real Property Institute
- "Real Property Tax Appeals", Ohio State Bar Association's Annual Commercial Real Estate Seminar
- "It’s Not If, But When & How your Company is Cyber Attacked" - The Ed Eppley Experience: Episode 60