Partner and Co-Chair, Employment & Labor Law Group
Bryan Meek is a Partner in BMD’s Health Law Department and Labor & Employment Department. Bryan counsels a wide range of health industry clients on issues such as contract disputes, government and private payor appeals and disputes, including audits, administrative appeals, and negotiations, compliance plans, credentialing, certification, Board investigations and suspensions, and fraud and abuse disputes. For those matters which warrant formal litigation, Bryan assists clients with filing or otherwise defending complaints in court or before an arbitrator.
Bryan also hosts and produces a YouTube Podcast Program titled Employment Law After Hours, which boasts over 1.4K subscribers.
Contact Information75 E Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
The Ohio State University, B.A., magna cum laude
Bryan's labor & employment practice focuses on providing business owners and human resource departments with day-to-day guidance on matters ranging from the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, to both state and federal discrimination laws. He routinely provides guidance to clients with the development and implementation of handbooks and employee training and advises with respect to hiring and firing decisions. Bryan also advises clients in matters relating to non-competes, non-solicitations, and confidentiality protections. When employment matters rise to the level of litigation, Bryan leverages his substantial experience to defend his clients against these actions, including contract disputes, discrimination allegations, and other employment matters in court. Should a labor dispute arise, Bryan defends his clients before arbitrators.
Bryan's main objective when representing clients is to help them achieve their goals for their own business and/or success through methods that involve action and protection, rather than reaction and delay.
Bryan has represented clients throughout the United States, including in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Arizona, New York, Georgia, Arkansas, and Texas.
In his spare time, Bryan enjoys running, snowboarding and brewing his own craft beer.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Akron Bar Association, Healthcare Law Section
- American Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Tuesday Musical Association, Board Member
Professional Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Labor and Employment Law - Employee (2022-2024)
- Labor and Employment Law - Management (2022-2024)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment (2022-2024)
- Health Care Law (2024)
- Leadership Akron's Community Leadership Institute, Member
- The Supreme Court of Ohio: Exceptional Pro Bono Service Award
- CALI Award Recipient in Business Planning, Property, Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure, and Law Firm Administration
Presentations & Publications
- The Massive Medicare Appeals Backlog is Significantly Harming Providers, What You Can Do To Stop It, The Verdict, NAMAS Health Law Bulletin, March 2019
- Mortgage Foreclosure Proceedings: Where We Have Been and Where We Need to Go, 48 Akron L. Rev. 129 (2015)
- No Privilege for You: The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege, published by the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section