Christopher J. Meager "CJ"
CJ counsels clients in the areas of corporate, business, real estate, government and public law, and civil litigation matters. He has experience in real estate, business and other asset transactions as well as various business and corporate matters, such as entity formation, organization, restructuring and emerging business issues.
Contact Information75 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308
The University of Akron School of Law
Muskingum University, B.S., summa cum laude
CJ has leveraged his multi-faceted government and public law experience to assist clients' interests in front of various state, county, municipal, township and village councils, trustees, boards and commissions. Some of those representative Government and Public Law matters include:
- Representation of the Ohio Development Services Agency in preparing Chapter 166 Direct Loans;
- Negotiation and drafting of real estate leases for the relocation of two Summit County departments on behalf of the developer;
- Negotiation and analysis of documents related to the City of Akron Sewer Project for a private school and other related property owners;
- Drafting several legal opinions at the request of area law directors related to municipal and other public law issues;
- Representation of various property owners regarding their complaints or counter complaints against the valuation of real property in several Ohio counties; and
- Representation of two non-profit hospital systems regarding their real property tax exemption and remission applications.
CJ serves as both outside counsel and in-house counsel for two Ohio hospital systems with multiple locations throughout the State of Ohio, and one of the world's largest polymer manufacturers with offices and plants located in several states.
CJ has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as a Rising Star each year since 2020. Rising Stars are selected by their peers as the top up-and-coming attorneys who are under 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Ohio are named to the Rising Stars list each year.
While in law school, CJ served as assistant editor of the Constitutional Law Journal, director of the Inmate Assistance Program and captain of his moot court team.
He also contributed over 160 hours to Community Legal Aid of Akron’s Pro Bono Bankruptcy Project and participated in the Wills for Heroes program in Summit County.
- City of Green, City Council Member
- Green Professionals Association, Co-Founder and President
- Akron Bar Foundation, Board Member
- Grants Committee
- Healthy Green Race Series, Board Member
- 2019 Charter Review, City of Green
Courts and Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
Presentations & Publications
- Real Estate Transactions: Avoiding the Top Mistakes, Presentation for the National Business Institute (May 30, 2018)