Jonathan P. Ziga
Jon is a transactional attorney in BMD's Cleveland office. He is working to develop his practice in the areas of corporate & business law, mergers & acquisitions, as well as real estate law.
Jon's primary interest in the legal field centers around securities regulations (Securities Act of 1933 compliance and registration under the Securities & Exchange Act of 1934) and the how new developments in the crypto market interplay with these regulations.
Contact Information200 Public Square, Suite 1850, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2023
The University of Akron, B.S., Applied Mathematics, magna cum laude, 2020
Jon is a transactional attorney with experience advising clients on matters such as corporate restructurings, risk management in the investment setting, and the formation of business entities.
Prior to admission into the practice of law in Ohio, Jon was a law clerk in BMD's Summer Associate Program in 2022.
Before joining BMD, Jon was a legal extern at John Carroll University, where he was responsible for drafting the University's name, image, and likeness policy following the Supreme Court's decision in Alston vs. NCAA. He was also a legal extern for the Community Legal Aid Society of Akron, where he assisted low-income clients with complex legal issues including guardianship, tenant-landlord disputes, and Federal assistance programs.
Jon was actively involved in the Case Western Reserve University School of Law community, serving as an editor on--and later being published by--the Journal of International Law. Jon also led a panel discussion about NFT's and how they interact with current understandings of federal securities laws.
In his free time, Jon enjoys running trails and participating in races, golfing, playing guitar, and watching both Dallas and Cleveland sports.
Courts & Bar Associations
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Chapter Adviser | Theta Chi Fraternity – Beta Lambda
Presentations & Publications
- Commercialization of Resource Extraction Throughout the Final Frontier & the Parallel to Terrestrial Procedures, 55 Case W. Res. J. Int'l L. 667 (2023).
- "Proposed Community Revitalization Grants for Ohio Projects" (July 27, 2022).
- "Ohio Senate Bill 225 Paves the Way for Greater Investment in Opportunity Zones and Historic Districts" (July 26, 2022).