David M. Scott
Managing Partner/Vice President, Columbus
David Scott is the Managing Partner of our Columbus office and co-Vice President of the firm.
He applies his skills as a litigator, arbitrator, mediator, and negotiator to resolve all manner of business, healthcare, real estate, construction, and employment conflicts.
David won Central Ohio’s largest jury verdict in 2011, he is rated “AV® Preeminent™” by Martindale-Hubbell® (signifying “the highest level of professional excellence”), he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he is a LEED® Accredited Professional. He represents numerous NYSE-listed global enterprises, for which he has developed proprietary litigation systems to accelerate workflow efficiencies.
Contact Information250 Civic Center Drive, Suite 300, Columbus, Ohio 43215
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D.
The Ohio State University, B.A.
David works meticulously and relentlessly to resolve disputes for his clients as quickly and efficiently as possible and shares his take on why clients should choose BMD as a law firm partner.
He holds a black belt in the Korean martial art Tang Soo Do. When he is not desperately trying to recover his lost form, he enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife, two daughters, step-son, three dogs, one cat and one rat.
Presentations & Publications
- "Unlocking Construction Industry Innovation Through Collaboration,” Ohio Construction Conference (March 15, 2023)
- “Risky Business – Identify and Mitigate the Greatest Risks to Your Design/Construction Project,” COGENCE Alliance 2022 Town Hall (September 27-28, 2022)
- Never Settle When You Settle: Tips and Strategies for Optimizing Resolution of Legal Disputes," BMD Webinar (April 2022)
- "Vaccinating against Design/Construction Risk,” Momentum Virtual Conference – COGENCE Alliance (February 8-11, 2021)
- "On Time and Under Budget: Innovative and Reliable Solutions for Design & Construction Project Planning and Delivery," International Council of Shopping Centers - Centerbuild (2019)
- "Slam the Brakes on Drive-By ADA Claims," International Council of Shopping Centers (2018)
- "Challenges and Opportunities in the Workplace Wellness Movement," DesignColumbus (2017)
- "Doing Good by Doing WELL," BMD Healthcare and Innovation Summit (2018)
- "Leveraging Green Schools for Market Transformation," Greenbuild (2014)
Professional Honors & Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member
- LEED® Accredited Professional
- Forty Under 40 (2012)
- 2021 US Green Building Council (USGBC) Ohio Volunteer Legacy Award
Court & Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- COGENCE Alliance Central Ohio, Board of Directors and Programming Chair (2020-present)
- The Supreme Court of Ohio, Lawyer to Lawyer Mentor (2018-present)
- COGENCE Alliance Central Ohio, Member, Resource Committee (2019-2020)
- U.S. Green Building Council, Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors (2016 - 2021)
- U.S. Green Building Council, Ohio Chapter, Statewide Advocacy Chair (2016 - 2021)
- U.S. Green Building Council, Central Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors (2010 – 2016)
- Local Matters, Local Ohio Foods, Board of Directors (2009-2013)
- Alpha Sigma of Kappa Sigma House Company, Secretary (2008-2012)
- Meritas, Business Development Committee (2008-2009)
- Meritas, Leadership Institute Chairman (2007-2008)
- Alpha Sigma of Kappa Sigma Alumni Association, Vice President (2007-2008)
- Columbus Bar Association Clothes Drive
- Columbus Food Bank