Matthew T. Jackson
Matthew Jackson serves as Managing Partner of Brennan, Manna & Diamond’s Jacksonville office. Matt manages the day-to-day operations of BMD’s Jacksonville office and is available to all clients as a resource to support the other attorneys in the firm. Matt balances those responsibilities while maintaining an active commercial litigation practice.
Matt's principal areas of practice are complex commercial litigation, contracts, property, construction, business disputes and commercial cases. Matt also has significant experience in creditor's rights, government relations and public law. He has experience in all areas of commercial litigation including property and contract disputes as well as representing financial institutions in commercial foreclosures and workouts. Matt has significant experience in construction law, representing owners, contractors and subcontractors on a variety of matters. He has prosecuted and defended cases in federal and state court, arbitrations and administrative hearings before various governmental entities. Matt also serves as Outside General Counsel for a number of clients.
Contact Information5210 Belfort Road, Suite 400, Jacksonville, Florida 32256
Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., Ranked 16th in class
University of North Florida, B.A., History and Political Science, summa cum laude
Before attending law school, Matt managed and served as campaign treasurer/manager for two successful Jacksonville City Council campaigns, helping to elect the youngest elected official in the State of Florida. Matt went on to serve as a legislative aid for the Jacksonville City Council for five years and successfully managed and advised other local campaigns for political office.
Courts & Bar Associations
- Florida Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Chair, Government Relations Committee, Jacksonville Bar Association, 2017-2019
- Florida Coastal Moot Court Honor Board
- Competed and placed as best oral advocate in five Moot Court Competitions
- Best Brief and Best Oral Argument Awards in Legal Research and Writing
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society Nominee
- United States Navy, Petty Officer, 3rd Class, 1993 - 1997
Professional Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star 2018, Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Jacksonville, Florida