Kyle A. Johnson
Kyle is a trial lawyer focusing his practice on IP, commercial, construction, and appellate litigation. Kyle has represented clients in state and federal court in matters involving commercial disputes, tort claims, the defense of class-action claims, and prosecuting and defending emergency motions for injunctive relief.
Contact Information4518 Fulton Road NW, Suite 202, Canton, Ohio 44718
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.
The Virginia Military Institute, B.A., with honors
Kyle is committed to aggressively and efficiently resolving the business or personal challenge that brings the client to the lawyer whether through negotiation, mediation, litigation, or at trial. Before joining BMD, Kyle was an attorney at a litigation-defense firm where he defended clients in class action, mass tort, construction defect, insurance coverage, and other tort and commercial matters. Kyle also has experience litigating matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Kyle has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as a Rising Star each year since 2020. Rising Stars are selected by their peers as the top up-and-coming attorneys who are under 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Ohio are named to the Rising Stars list each year.
- Conley v. Suchovsky, et al., Portage County Court of Common Pleas No. 2014CV00061 (May 18, 2016) (as first-chair trial counsel, obtained a unanimous jury verdict in favor of defendants on plaintiff’s claims for breach of contract, nuisance, and trespass following week-long jury trial)
- Victory Lane Quick Oil Change, Inc. v. Richard F. Miller, et al. U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Case No. 1:16-cv-02252 (defended commercial landlords in trademark infringement lawsuit resulting in a favorable settlement for clients)
Yogen Saunthararajah v. Santhosh Vadivelu, et al., Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Case No. CV-18-898044 (represented the plaintiff-physician in a complex lawsuit involving claims of fraud, breach of contract, and injunctive relief over plaintiff’s ownership of the company in dispute and his control of incredibly valuable intellectual property rights in the biotechnology field, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client)
Courts & Bar Associations
- Ohio Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
- Ohio Contractors Association, Member
- Construction Employers Association, Member
- Builders Exchange of East Central Ohio, Member
- Building Industry Association of Stark County, Member
- Surety Association of Ohio, Member
- Pathway Caring for Children, Board of Directors
Professional Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants (2024)