Nathaniel R. Sinn
Nate is an attorney in BMD's Cleveland office. He focuses his practice in the areas of Bankruptcy/Workout, Banking & Finance Law, and Real Estate. Nate has built a robust practice by providing exceptional legal advice and outstanding client service.
Contact Information200 Public Square, Suite 1850, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, LL.M., Real Estate Law, with honors
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D.
University of Notre Dame, B.S.
Nate’s experience includes representing all stakeholders in matters related to distressed credit and assets, including financial institutions, court appointed receivers and vendors. He often provides counsel regarding bankruptcy, workouts, and creditors’ rights and has successfully litigated cases in multiple jurisdictions.
In addition to distressed credit and assets, Nate’s practice also includes loan documentation, commercial real estate transactions, and difficult litigation related to property rights.
He has extensive knowledge of receiverships, and his receivership practice bridges multiple practice areas and involves both transactional and courtroom work. This experience allows Nate to look at complex legal issues from multiple angles thereby saving his clients valuable resources.
Courts & Bar Associations
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Professional Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2022-2024)
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- JD Breast Cancer Foundation, Board of Directors, President
Presentations & Publications
- “Bankruptcy 2021: Bringing the Future into Focus,” William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute, Co-Chair, May 21, 2021
- “Commercial and Residential Foreclosure Basics,” Real Estate Seminar, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, May 15, 2019
- “Is your cannabis business going up in smoke?” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, 2019
- “Filing proof of claims after Crawford: Has the Landscape Really Changed?” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, 2016
- “Are funds collected by a receiver prepetition subject to § 543? Sometimes.” Young and New Members: an ABI Committee Newsletter, 2014
- “§ 543 turnover requirements amidst the receivership renaissance,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, 2014